WGR614 was Re: NetGear WG614 & text-mode browsers

C.M. Brannon cmbrannon at cox.net
Mon Feb 26 18:27:50 UTC 2007

Janina Sajka <janina at rednote.net> writes:

> Probably not, but go check at openwrt.org whether this netgear is
> supported by openwrt. Maybe you'll get lucky. Or, maybe you'll just
> decide to drop $60 USD on a wap/router that can run openwrt and deliver
> 100% accessibility.

Hi Janina,
Great suggestion.
While the WGR614 isn't supported by openwrt, their wiki has a link
to this site: http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/NetgearWGR614
It turns out that this router provides a telnet console, but the console
has to be unlocked by sending an encrypted packet to the router!  Netgear
provides a Windows program to do this.  Of course, there's no Linux version yet.
An open-source version is in development.
The above comments apply to v5, v6, and v7 versions of this router. I have a v7.

So that is the accessibility status of the WGR614.
-- Chris