DOS Linux and dsl?

John Heim jheim at wisc.edu
Wed Jan 3 16:00:45 UTC 2007

You have to have an ethernet card to access DSL.   You should be able to get
a 10 Mb ethernet card literally for nothing. Ask around and you're sure to
find somebody who has one that they will give you. And check the stuff
exchange web site in your town.

There are 3 different speeds for ethernet cards (also called NICs), 10 Mb,
100 Mb, and 1000 Mb. All 3 can be used to connect to the DSL modem but the
modem will be slower than even the slowest ethernet card. Nobody uses the 10
Mb cards any more for anything except to connect to a DSL or cable modem.
That's why you should be able to get one for free.

If you can't find someone to give you an ethernet card, I think I can
volunteer my wife to mail you one. She goes to the post office fairly
regularly. i'd volunteer to do it myself but they shut down the post office
by my office and I ddon't know how to get to one any more.