FC-6 speakup install failures

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Fri Jan 19 00:40:16 UTC 2007

Both the SpeakupModified Fedora, and the stock Fedora are available in a
DVD iso image.

I believe Dave Mielke provides a boot.iso image which contains brltty
support so that you can install using braille. That image would
undoubtedly serve only the default Fedora iso images, however it will
get you going. The only cost is that you'll have a major updating with
yum--but that's certainly not the end of the world.

Once your Fedora is installed and updated, you can retrieve the
SpeakupModified kernels and configure software speech. This approach
should indeed work.

Janina