orca sound problem

mike reiser metalhead1009000 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 25 03:12:24 UTC 2007

Hello,

I'm a windows user and decided to try out orca on the ubuntu live
CD.  I am running a 2.80 gigahertz processor with 1 gig of ram and a
sound blaster audigy.  When I boot the CD and select screen reader,
it comes up speaking but the speach is unintelligible
  due to static.  It basicly is very statickey and the voice isn't
even discernable.  I'm using the default engine that comes with it,
flight or whatever it's called.  I'm quite new to linux so any simple
instructions on how to fix this problem would be quite helpfull.  I'm
running it in a VMware session.  Thanks,

Mike