What version of Linux?

Geoff Shang geoff at QuiteLikely.com
Tue Jul 3 06:21:57 UTC 2007

Hi,

If you only want to run a Mud server, you won't need a graphical
environment.  As such, you definitely don't need 256 MB of RAM.  Any machine
capable of running Windows 98 can quite happily run Linux in console mode
with Speakup (or any other console mode screen reader).

Right now my main Linux machine is a Pentium 2/450 with I think 128 MB RAM
(am still waiting to receive it from Australia so can't check).  I quite
happily ran Linux on a Pentium 120 with 32 MB RAM for 4 years before a fan
gave out.

Geoff.