brltty on my laptop

michaelweaver weavermicha at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 7 01:49:32 UTC 2007

I am thinking of running Linux on my laptop with Braille but cannot seem
to be able to find a port I can attach my Braillenote to.
I think it is a Compaq Presario 140, the ports that are available are 2
USB ports, all the ports and the CDROM drive are on the edge of the
laptop but I cannot seem to be able to find the kind of port where the
pins stick up slightly which is like the kind of port my Braillenote
would connect to like the kind of port I have located on the back of my
Desktop PC.
It might be useful for me to get my Braillenote connected to my laptop
so I can maybe get help with certain aspects of Brltty from members of
the Linux groups I attend for example getting brltty to start when Linux
starts as I am not sure where the settings need to be edited in Ubuntu
if I stay with that distro.