Notebooks and Distros

Tim Keenan tkeenan79 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 05:04:17 UTC 2007

Hi all,
First off, if there's a better spot to ask this, please let me know.

I just tried to install the Ubuntu Feisty Live CD without sighted
assistance on my Asus notebook.
I got a few seconds passed the accessibility selection and it stopped
cold.  Someone told me the screen was completely blank.
Hah, did I hink that was going to be easy?  Apparently Ubuntu doesn't
work well with Asus notebooks, especially the sound.

Does anyone know of notebooks that work particularly well with a certain
flavor of Linux, preferably one that's not too cumbersome to set up?

  I just bought this notebook a week ago, so it's not too late to return
it.  Of course, I'd rather keep it if possible.

Thanks, all.

-Tim