Ubuntu demo.

Jim Green greens at shentel.net
Mon Jun 11 16:30:54 UTC 2007

Hi Folks,

I have an old --about five or six years-- HP Pavilion desk top
computer.  The guy I got it from had no spec sheet for it.  I'm trying
to get the demo of Ubuntu 7.04, up and running.  I get the
accessibility screen at start up, select the screenreader, and
continue.  Most tries I get no sound at all.  Sometimes if the monitor
is off, I get a couple of seconds of music.  Then I get the blank
screen with choices at the top and bottom; nothing to configure Orca.
The CD drive has stopped.  the cursor is stuck in the center, and no
amount of trying will move it.  I can sit there for 15-20 minutes, and
nothing new.  Could it be this machine is to old, or doesn't have
enough RAM to handle Ubuntu?  The Oralux liveCD comes up talking when
I try it.  Thanks.

Jim