Aint gonna give up this.

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson jbsn at tpg.com.au
Wed Jun 20 03:30:02 UTC 2007

Hello,

On Tue, 19 Jun 2007, Anders Holmberg wrote:

> HellO"
> Ok this crappy linux distro does not work on my computer.
> Not with orca anyway.
> But i should get it to work.
> But i don't know how.
> I can not understand why its not working because i have followed the instructions to run a live cd with accessibility.
> The only thing thats working is brltty in text mode.
Well that sok but i want to try tha graphics before i decide what to install or not to install.
> Maybe linux is not for me.
> /Anders.

I had some problems to start with, too. I used a CD-RW disk. That didn't
work. I had to use a CD-R. Pressing f5 and 3, I waited for about 2000
years. Then pressed alt-cntrl-f1 and typed sudo brltty al <driver> -d
<port>
and -t "text-table>.

Brltty came to life. I typed "orca -t" and responded to the prompts.

I pressed alt-ctrl-f7, and my braille display said "screen not in text
mode". I pressed alt-f2, waited for a while, typed orca, waited for a
while, and Orca loaded.

Did you do things differently?

Bertil