What's the Current Browser State of the Art Regarding Javascript?

Aldo info at brlspeak.net
Fri Jun 29 15:59:21 UTC 2007

Hi,

my personal experience+opinion:

On Fri, Jun 29, 2007 at 10:20:40AM -0500, Martin McCormick wrote:
> 	some days, I think I just want to see if my stress
> response is still there and I do something really dumb like try
> to find out my Annual Leave balance or download a podcast from
> the NPR web site, etc. I'll end up throwing everything in the
> box at it from lynx which, when it works, is about as good as it
> gets, to w3m which will handle some things lynx won't deal with.

I tried last week to sign the petition at
http://www.noooxml.org/petition
and both lynx and links2 or elinks do not did the thing.
A good friend of the carrefourBLinuX list suggested w3m too,
but the problems I encounter with taht browseer do'nt encourage me to use
it:
- where are numbers for fields ans links? or a clear blindfriendly feature
like { } or [ ] etc, around a link to mark it?
AFAIK I'm still unable to work with colors.
- the other problem is its absolutely non intuitive way of working: IMHO it
is like the author did his best to make the usage of it as complicated and
unfriendly as possible: sorry a browser is for me a practical tool, so it
might be as simple and intuitive as possible, + as blindfriendly as
possible.
So any tips for helping me to change my mind about w3m are still welcome.
Feel also free to write to the author of w3m: I can't garaty you'll have
success in helping increaszing the usability of w3m.

So even if w3m is at this moment the best state of the art consolemode
browser, I'm not ready for using it now!

Aldo.