commandline podcast

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Mar 14 06:31:12 UTC 2007

Note that the .m4a files referenced in that rss feed can be very
large.  I would recommend also looking at http://cmdln.wordpress.com/
both to see the blog and for the mp3 feed.  I'm a little surprised he
doesn't use Vorbis since he claims to support open source etc.  Note
also that I saw a lot of personal opinion and only brief links to
news articles.  One nice feature is his security review.  He pulls
articles from many sources but there isn't anything that you couldn't
find yourself if you're subscribed to slashdot and other popular news
sites.  Thanks for the find, it's still interesting.  I'm undecided
whether to add it to my reader or not.

I personally like and recommend the rss2email package, available on
Debian or can easily be downloaded for other distros.  It requires
Python.  The r2e(1) program sends as many feeds as you want to you
via email, optionally converting html to text and numbering links.