Audio editing software - was Re: talking linux wanted

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Fri Mar 23 10:17:41 UTC 2007

Hi,
I have written a front-end to ecasound for basic audio editing called dae
digital audio editor.  It has its share of bugs, but that is what I use
for my audio editing from the console.
I have done it at work, so it is a bit of a story to get it released.
When I do, it will be GPL2.
It is good for cutting up sound files and editing out unwanted parts.
The inserting of sound in the middle of a file also works from both a file
and from the sound card, but it is slow.
If people are interested, I can send the manual in plain text to the list
for a better feature list.
Dae can currently not be used to add effects.
Regards, Willem