How early to start BRLTTY?

Dave Mielke dave at mielke.cc
Tue May 8 20:16:05 UTC 2007

[quoted lines by Lee Maschmeyer on 2007/05/08 at 11:12 -0400]

>I don't know whether this really buys you anything over putting it in
>inittab or not.

The big gain, as I see it, is that braille is up before the file system checks
are done. This means that you're able to handle corrupt file systems, and it
also means that you know why your system is taking extra long to boot if it
happens to be time for a full check to be made on one of the partitions.