When Occasionally Visiting a Mac

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Tue May 22 15:49:22 UTC 2007

	When I access Linux, I have been using an old P.C. with
DOS, a screen reader and kermit which even today works nicely
and gets me on to Debian as well as any other form of unix
including Sunos and FreeBSD.

	On rare occasions, I need to visit Mac's and use the
Voiceover system.  It seems to do well enough at reading a
screen and speaking links, for instance, but if I telnet or ssh
in to a unix system, I appear to have to manually review the
screen to hear prompts or messages that pop up.

	Since I don't own a Mac or use one on a daily basis,
this may be a dumb question, but is there a setting in Voiceover
that will echo new data as they come in?  That was the thing I
immediately missed the first time I tried a Macintosh with
Voiceover.

	Many thanks.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer