Hello from a new member, and some questions

Allison Mervis allisonfm at gmail.com
Sat May 26 01:21:18 UTC 2007

Hi all!
My name is Allison, and I am very new to the world of Linux. I read what
seemed like the portions of the FAQ which pertain to my situation, but I
still have some questions.
Right now, I'm using an Acer laptop running Windows XP home SP2. What I
would like to do is burn an image of a version of Linux bundled with a
Screen reader onto A CD, (I think the correct term is live CD) insert it
into the drive, restart my computer, and have Linux boot up talking. I do
not own a hardware synth, and I understand that this limits my options. I
then want to be able to restart the computer, and tell it to boot back up in
windows. Is such a thing possible? Thanks!
Allison