trying to get started

Geoff Shang Geoff at quitelikely.com
Tue Nov 6 21:45:49 UTC 2007

William Sallander wrote:

> Hello Listers, I'm seriously thinking about installing Linux.
> I'd like to know if there is a good book or document to get started with such as a Linux for Dummies or something for beginners?
> I have a few more things to ask but I'll just get started with this one.

Hi,

The problem is that "getting started" documents are usually either
distribution-specific or are so general as to lack the kinds of specific
information a newbie to LInux really requires in order to install and get
started with Linux.

So perhaps you should ask some of your other questions, as this may
influence which distribution is recommended and hence which reading
material could help you further.

Geoff.