sound question

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Tue Nov 20 08:17:05 UTC 2007

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 04:52:30PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can only have one form of sound coming through my sound card.
> For example I can't listen to espeak and music at the same time.
> Is there a way I can have more than one sound coming from my sound card?

Theoretically, there's the alsa-oss pack herefore.

> Maybe music and espeak?
A good soundcard like a SB Live emu10k1 is a good full-duplex soundcard, but
not all hda Intel chips are...

> I could do this on windows.
The Alsa driver is not provided by a manufacturer, so there's never any
warranty it should work correctly.
As long as manufacturer keep spex top secret, the Linux community won't be
able to fully support hardware: buy soundcards whichfore you know it is
fully or relatively good supported.

Aldo.