upgrading BRLTTY

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Thu Nov 22 08:55:51 UTC 2007

On Thu, 22 Nov 2007, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> It seems that if I type ./configure > file.txt
> I get all the warnings on screen...
If you want to do it with redirection, you need to redirect both stdin and
stderr to the file.
./configure 2>1 > file.txt

> So how do I scroll up the terminal?
> I want to know this for other things too...
> Thx.
In text mode which is what you are using, you cannot scroll up the screen.
In some cases, you can pipe the output into less, acommand which displays
the content screen by screen with the ability to go up a screen by hitting
the b key.