email clients

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson jbsn at tpg.com.au
Fri Nov 23 07:09:35 UTC 2007

Good afternoon,

On Fri, 23 Nov 2007, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> Where do I enter my pop server stuff and user name and password. I only found
> the smtp stuff. How do I navigate the setup questions?
> Thanks for your help.

Use Fetchmail to get the mail from your pop server to your computer. The
easiest way to use fetchmail is to write a configuration file called
.fetchmailrc which you put in your home directory. Type man fetchmailrc to
learn how to write it.

With regard to the Alpine configuration, you move with your up and down
arrows and read the instructions at the bottom of the screen. If you, for
example, are required to type in something like the name of your smtp
server, your hit "c" for change which will put your cursor in the input
field. Finish off with <enter>.

Good luck!

Bertil