jazz drives question

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Sat Nov 24 14:03:12 UTC 2007

>> Mmm, aren't jazz drivers just recognized as regular IDE tape devices,
>> i.e. you have to mount e.g. /dev/hdc?
>
> Or try to mount as SCSI device, e.g.
>
>     mount /dev/sda1 /mnt

Man, it's been a long time since the days of my Jazz drive.  Yes,
it was sold in both IDE and SCSI variants, so you'd have to use
the correct device name as Samuel and Christian have suggested.
I don't think there was a version of the Jazz drive that used the
parallel port like the Zip drive had (though there was at one
time a Linux parallel-port driver for zip-drives).  I believe
everything was detected normally for me, and the "eject" command
worked for ejecting the drive as well (after unmounting it).

-tim