word documents

Aldo blinuxman at tuxfamily.org
Sun Nov 25 09:07:36 UTC 2007

FYI Daniel,
wv has the major advantage that it can interact with mutt : suppose you
already use mutt, and you just install wv, well under Debian when pressing v
(view) under mutt then selecting and pressing enter at the document.doc, it
simply converts on the fly and shows the document.
(tested uner Debian, I ignore how does this works for other distros)

Aldo.

On Sun, Nov 25, 2007 at 06:38:02PM +1100, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> Hi Geoff,
>
> On 25/11/2007 3:25 PM, Geoff Shang wrote:
> >For viewing word docs, you can either use catdoc (in the Debian catdoc
> >package) or wvWare (in the wv package).
>
> Thanks for all the information and the package names. Next time I get a
> word doc I will try this thanks. (I installed the packages before and it
> seemed to go well)
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Daniel Dalton
>
> http://members.iinet.net.au/~ddalton/
> daniel.dalton47 at gmail.com

VISTA : Virus - Intrusion - Spyware - Trojan - Adware
LINUX : LIBRE  In  a  New  UNlImited  X-window ! ! !