Ubuntu live CD

Rick twelvestrings12 at verizon.net
Tue Oct 16 03:37:43 UTC 2007

   Hi list.
Can somebody please tell me which version of Ubuntu orca will work from the
live CD?
I tried Ubuntu 7.04 and I configured orca and it said "switching to focus
tracking." or something like that.
I forget exactly.
Then I tried ubuntu 6.10, I got it to boot, I then hit alt plus F2 and typed
in orca after waiting a few seconds but no speech.
I looked at beta 7.10 but it says you need 320 megabites of ram to install
from the CD and my machine only has 256.
I want to try a live CD first to decide if Linux is for me.
If I like what I see I got 122 gigabites of free space on this hard drive I
want to use for Linux.
>From what I read ubuntu sounds like it would be the easiest distro to get up
and running for a beginner.
If there is something easier to work with and has a live CD I can check out
I'd be interested in hearing about it,  but as it stands I'd really like to
try ubuntu.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks for your patience.