localhost ports

Rynhardt P Kruger rkruger at gawab.com
Wed Oct 17 16:22:31 UTC 2007

Hi,

Thanks for the replys. I think I solved it now.

The hosts.allow and hosts.deny files was empty, but when I looked at the
hosts file, I found that my ip address of localhost was set to ::1. I
then changed it to 0.0.0.0.
I wonder how it could have been change to that funny ip address.

Take care,
Rynhardt

ps: Just as I wanted to send you this message, my mail system
complained about my IP address so I set it to 127.0.0.1.