Audio conversion

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Sep 5 14:32:21 UTC 2007

Jan and Bertil Smark Nilsson writes:
> Hello Janina,
>

> On Tue, 4 Sep 2007, Janina Sajka wrote:
>
> >ecasound should do the trick, though I don't know which mpg tool it
> >depends on.
> >
> >Janina
>
> Thank you for that. I tried it but couldn't get it to work. Probably
> operator error. I'd better read up a bit more on Ecasound.

No, I suspect not i/o! <grin> It should be as simple as:

ecasound -i:file.flac -o:file.mp3

However, when I try something like that, I get an ecasound error
complaining that mpg123 isn't available. So, I deduce that the issue has
to do with adding an appropriate handler for mp3 to
/usr/share/ecasound/ecasoundrc (or your ~/.ecasoundrc).

> However, I solved it by using flac.

Good news.

Janina