screen reader

Jos Lemmens jos at jlemmens.nl
Thu Sep 6 07:35:35 UTC 2007

Hi Kristoffer,

You can give screader a try. If you use Ubuntu, install screader as root with:

   apt-get install screader

Read the manual with:

   man screader

By default screader will use the festival synthesizer, but espeak
is much better now. You can use espeak by installing it with:

    apt-get install espeak

and put a line:

   espeak

on the first line in /etc/screader/tts.