screen reader

Jos Lemmens jos at jlemmens.nl
Thu Sep 6 09:35:05 UTC 2007

Hi Kris,

I have screader based on the Screen package:

   Copyright (C) 1993-2003
      Juergen Weigert (jnweiger at immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
      Michael Schroeder (mlschroe at immd4.informatik.uni-erlangen.de)
   Copyright (C) 1987 Oliver Laumann

The screen package provides multiple virtual consoles on one Linux
console. In screader all Screen-key-commands are available plus some
key-commands to drive the screen reader.

You can find screader:

   http://www.jlemmens.nl/homepage/uk/screader.html

Screader can work with any soft- or hardware speech synthesizer, as long
as the used synth can read from standard input (pipe-line).
In theory all synths can do this or you can make a script to do the job.

   Regards,

      Jos.