Online voicechat?

Geoff Shang Geoff at quitelikely.com
Fri Sep 7 10:42:15 UTC 2007

Hi Debee,

I don't know about the ForthePeople thing (the need to sign up etc bugs me
somewhat).  I thought you needed Windows to use sites like that - I'd be
interested to know that I'm wrong on this.

I think the Speakup reflector will be plenty cruisy enough for you.  It's
all fairly "live and let live" up there.

Kirk's already told you what to forward to get it working.  I'd ighly
recommend using it under LInux rather than Windows, as text messages in
particular are annoying under Windows as they keep on opening up new dialog
boxes to display them.

Compiling speak freely from sources is a bit of a black art, particularly
if you compile the version that has been modified to mix multiple audio
streams.  So feel free to ask if you're having any trouble with it.

Geoff.