some binaries for ttsynth please

Geoff Shang Geoff at quitelikely.com
Mon Sep 24 18:20:45 UTC 2007

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:

> Ok, how do I redirect it to a file?
> I've tried make >make.txt, but it doesn't work.
> Just almost an empty textfile.

Errors get sent to standard error, not standard output, so you need to
direct standard error to standard output before you can get a dump of your
compile errors.  Do something like:

make >make.txt 2>&1

This kind of thing is also useful when running --help on a program sends to
standard error and therefore running through more or less doesn't pause at
the end of each page like it's meant to.

foo --help 2>&1 |more

I can't think of a good example of the latter but I struck one just the
other day.

Geoff.