puppy linux

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Tue Apr 1 08:56:30 UTC 2008

I got speak2pup.iso working.  I don't know if that's the latest since
there was also a speakpup.iso available for download.  The speak2pup.iso
has what are probably lines of ansi characters come up every so often with
many (q) characters and other hex and numbers spoken on the synthesizer.
I don't yet know what does this but for what the package is advertised to
do it seems to work pretty well.  It did try to write information to my
hard drive when I shut it down once.  I'm wondering if it would have used
a floppy had one been in the drive for that purpose as well as to store
alpine and other user-selected settings.