snownews-and-Related?

Lee Maschmeyer lee_maschmeyer at wayne.edu
Fri Apr 11 13:55:00 UTC 2008

Hi Hart,

According to the man page, lynx is already the default browser for snownews.
At least that's the way it is on Cygwin. My browse file already says "lynx
%s". I'm not sure what you want to accomplish.

Also according to the man page, if I recall or understand correctly, the o
command opens a news item.

Note I've never successfully read anything with snownews. I suppose I have
to get the URL of an RSS feed and paste it into the add command. I tried the
main page of a site I think has an RSS feed but it didn't work. Isn't there
some easier way? Or maybe there isn't really an RSS there; I'll have to
check.

--
Lee Maschmeyer
Computing Center Services