linux - computer worrenty questions

Daniel Dalton d.dalton at iinet.net.au
Sun Apr 20 07:12:31 UTC 2008

Hi,

I really want to install linux on to my good computer which is quite
new...
I feel like I am quite confident with linux and want to use my 2.1 ghz
computer with 1 gb of ram instead of a 800 mhz with 256 mb of ram.

The good computer is a hp.
So if I install linux to it (dual boot with windows) will this void my
worrenty?
How can I see the agreement?

For example if my hard disk breaks and may be able to be replaced will
they replace it if they see the partition table changed?

And who could I contact about getting a windows disk if I want one? HP? Or
the shop I got the computer from?

Thanks for any help,

--
Daniel Dalton