nano with cursor on thing to be replaced

John J. Boyer john.boyer at jjb-software.com
Mon Apr 28 13:42:46 UTC 2008

Tony,

Thanks for the link. In nano 1.3.12, which is supplied with my Redhat
Enterprise Linux system, and presumably in later versions, if you do a
global find and replace with control backslash, instead of putting the
cursor on the string to be replaced, it puts it on the message Replace
This? the actual string to be replaced is presumably highlighted, but
but
my screenreader at least does not show where it is. So I can't use the
conditional replace keystrokes, y n and a. I often replace only some
things in a document, not all. Very useful in programming.

John