M-Player-error-and-video-editors?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Aug 29 18:03:10 UTC 2008

Hi All:  First of all, this morning-and-last evening while listening to a
stream of france24, it stops-and-mplayer says, "read error, operation now in
progress"  Funny thing is that I was ripping that stream--and-it recorded just
fine.  I am on FC9 with speakup.
Meanwhile, are their any especially console friendly editors, where I can
eliminate sections of an .avi file, for example, I wasn't in the room to stop
recording coverage of Mcainne's VP pick, but there's no point in saving an
extra 10-minutes.
I looked in google's linux section-and-found some items, which I will try.
av_convert-0.2.2.tar.bz2
m2vmp2cut-0.74.tar.gz
Ideally I wish I could arrow through the broadcast--and do a block command--and
delete that section.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions or additional packages
Hart