Older Computers and New Speech Engines

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Dec 26 14:25:53 UTC 2008

Definitely need a minimum of 512MB of memory for ubuntu.  If it's a really
old computer you may be able to upgrade memory on it.  Those sometimes had
as many as four memory slots but the new computers only have two memory
slots.  That 512MB is likely going to be the absolute memory limit of your
machine if it can be done.  I suspect sim memory was used and in a
configuration with four slots the most that can take is four 128MB memory
sticks.