shutdown vs reboot command

Jeff Dubois ah147 at freenet.carleton.ca
Fri Feb 1 12:06:58 UTC 2008

My apologies to everyone on the list.

When the message came down the pike from Tim Chase I thought it was a friend
of mine Tim Close who was looking for a quick shutdown for his new Vista
machine.  My buddy Tim Close is an avid hunter hence my reference to
shotting his computer.

I haven't ran a Linux machine in over two years and thought I had shut this
newgroup off.  Clearly, I didn't.

Again, my apologies to all and sundry for the off-coloured misplaced joke.

We now return you to your regular blinix programming.