CMSMS

marbux marbux at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 09:51:13 UTC 2008

On Feb 3, 2008 1:14 AM, Tony Baechler <tony at baechler.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Many CMSs look great
> until they're installed and you find that a mouse is required or they
> don't play nicely with Firefox and a screen reader.

A couple of resources:

<http://www.cmsmatrix.org/> is a site that has a CMS comparator database.
One of the parameters tracked is the W3C Accessibility Guidelines
conformance level. The caveat is that most of the information in their
database is submitted by the developers and I have not always agreed with
their accessibility ratings. E.g., if I recall correctly Tikiwiki CMS was
given a rating far higher than I thought it deserved after I got it
installed. But this was at least a couple of years ago; Tikiwiki may well
have improved in regard to accessibility guidelines compliance in the
meantime.

<http://www.opensourcecms.com/> is a site that has dozens of open source CMS
online demos, all in their default installation configurations without any
extra extensions. It's a good try-before-you-decide tool, particularly for
accessibility issues. On the other hand, not every open source CMS is
available for test-driving there.

Best regards,

Marbux