SV: Linux without sighted help

mattias mj at mjw.se
Tue Feb 5 21:41:06 UTC 2008

What aer arena for linux dist?

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: blinux-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:blinux-list-bounces at redhat.com] För Karen Lewellen
Skickat: den 5 februari 2008 20:18
Till: Linux for blind general discussion
Ämne: Re: Linux without sighted help

Slightly off from this thread, perhaps,  but I did not get an answer
when I
asked over at speakup, that I saw at least.
Which distribution has the best hardware synthesizer support just now? I
am still leaning in the Debian, Fedora arena, wanting something more
old fashioned then the more desktop sort of thing, because on the one
hand
I will be running DOS as my main os, and on the other, I do not want to
use my system's sound card for speech, since I have access to a hardware

synthesizer.
Thoughts?
Karen