Cygwin was: Re: Linux without sighted help

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Feb 6 08:59:07 UTC 2008

You are asking two different questions here so I'll answer both.  Yes,
the perl that comes with Cygwin is totally accessible, albeit very
slow.  Yes, ActiveState perl is also totally accessible and is much
faster.  The later is definitely recommended.  Because of the odd way
Cygwin handles drives, you're stuck with the former when dealing with
apps written to run under Cygwin.