SV: Linux without sighted help

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Wed Feb 6 17:58:37 UTC 2008

Granted I am not looking at my post, but I feel sure I said that I already
have a dec talk express and wish to use this.
equally granted I had not read much on Orca, but felt it was more focused
on software not hardware synthesizer support.  However no one said anything
so how could I clarify if the  question is entirely ignored?
I do not read every speakup post, but know that it will not be supported
in some future distributions of  <spelling" eubentu, because of some
kernel factors.
  In any case, I am speculating with little information.
The thread began with the discussion of starting up Linux without sighted
help.
This at least suggests that the screen reader would have to be a part of
the distro package for such to happen, which is why I asked about
distributions not screen reader programs.
So I ask again. If one is using a dec-talk express, and wants a fully
talking Linux distribution, who has maintained the best support for this
synthesizer?  I am using an original dec-talk express, not a USB model.
Is that better? lol!
Karen