grml linux

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Feb 19 09:47:18 UTC 2008

I don't know.  Why not download and burn the live CD and find out?  You
can go to http://grml.org/ and look through the included packages.  I
burned 1.1rc1 and it booted fine several times.  I really didn't explore
much beyond the basics.  It has sound support and software speech so I
would assume it has a media player but you're on your own beyond that.
Fortunately it only takes a little time to download and burn so you're
not out much if you don't like it.  I strongly suggest the BitTorrent as
it is very, very slow otherwise.  You could also try Ubuntu which
definitely has those things but runs under X and is much slower to
boot.  It includes Orca and software speech also.  I don't think grml
has Orca.