apt file please

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Feb 22 08:44:52 UTC 2008

I'm sure someone already responded by now, but I would like to say two
things here.  First, this is a little off topic for this list since
there are clear instructions on finding local mirrors in many places,
including a package that checks all mirrors for the best speed.  Second,
you can always go to the Debian mirrors page and pick another closer to
you geographically.  Since I have no idea where you live, it's dificult
for me to tell you a mirror to use.  I use mirrors.kernel.org but that
is close to me.  I don't know if you are in the US or not, so that
mirror is probably not good for you.  Also, I'm not clear about what you
mean when you say most packages are broken.  If you're running unstable,
that's to be expected.  Perhaps you need to manually install some packages?