GRML.

Martin McCormick martin at dc.cis.okstate.edu
Mon Feb 25 17:40:09 UTC 2008

	I don't have the system infront of me that has oralux
with speakup installed, but I did have the exact same problem.
The system in question has both the amixer alsa-based audio
mixer plus the older oss-based aumix applications on it. I was
able to change volume with aumix.

	The configuration for your kernel does allow for the oss
API as well as the recommended alsa modules so you may have
aunix and that should change your volume.

Martin McCormick WB5AGZ  Stillwater, OK
Systems Engineer