What is a talking X

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Thu Feb 28 13:05:45 UTC 2008

They were most likely refering to a talking graphical user interface under
Unix or Mac.
X-windows is the base component of all graphic user interfaces under
unix-like systems.
The Orca screen reader is a screen reader that works under the gnome
desktop.  The Gnome desktop runs under X-windows so that would as a
combination constitute a talking X.
HTH, Willem