Quick question before I do something silly?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Jan 16 07:06:05 UTC 2008

Hi,

Linux reads fat32 just fine.  I've used it to recover drives before.  I
would suggest using FreeDOS.  It has finally passed the version 1.0 mark
and seems fairly stable, at least on a virtual machine.  Also it's
shipped with dosemu if you wanted to run your DOS programs under Linux
for whatever reason.  Several years ago, I ran Windows 98 and Linux on
one machine.  It worked but I think FreeDOS is probably better.  Of
course there is OpenDOS but it doesn't seem as stable to me and isn't as
open source.  FreeDOS obviously is completely open source and has
several CD images to pick from.  It seemed to work well with a screen
reader, again on a virtual machine.