ot: lynx friendly survey sites?

Tim Chase blinux.list at thechases.com
Sun Jan 20 23:33:23 UTC 2008

>  UCCASS:  http://sourceforge.net/projects/uccass/
>
> I'd try them next if I had an opportunity.

I don't know if you're still following this thread or if you're
still interested, but the UCCASS project does indeed seem to be
Lynx accessible.  I just installed it (taking all of 15 minutes
without bothering to use the documentation...it might be faster
if you didn't bumble around like I did) and used Lynx both to
create a survey with its system, and to take the same survey and
was able to successfully do both.

It's a little old-school in its interface, but it's functional
and fairly easy to install.  Because it's PHP, it would also be
fairly easy to install on any of a multitude of budget hosting
services (under $4/month) or to deploy on an old machine you've
got sitting around--you can just install Linux + Apache + PHP +
MySQL and install UCCASS and be good to go.  Unless you expect
thousands of users all hammering at it at the same time, even a
low-end box will do well (I've got an old P2 system with a meager
96 megs of memory and a 1-gig hard drive and it would work fine
on that machine).

For throwing together a simple survey, this seems to do just
about everything I'd need including some simple
dependency-tracking ("if they answered X to question #4, then
show question #5") and allows for back-referencing to other
questions ("Please explain why for the question 'Tell me about
your mother', you answered XYZ")

The documentation can be found at

http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?docid=28680&group_id=109356

Hope this helps,