ubuntu 7.10

Valiant (on laptop) valiant65 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 15:43:16 UTC 2008

Hi.
I've booted to ubuntu 7.10 on 3 different windows pcs, a custom built one, who's monitor isn't good enough, it seams, and two laptops one of those an alienware and the other one a soney vaio. both of those have realtech sound cards. I'm having speech  problems where some of the speech at the beginning is chopped off, for the vaio I have two visible sound device, an intel something and a realtech something else grins. It does that for both, but there's only 1 sound card, guess it has two optional drivers for these. Also, when I plug in headphones, speech keeps on coming through the internal speakers, any idea how to stop that?
cheers:
Aaron T. Spears (valiant)
EMail: valiant at mailshack.com and others
MSNMessenger: a1t2s3_89 at hotmail.com
AIM: computeruser89 and skype: aarontech.valiant
Beta Testing System Information:
soney Vaio VGN250n . Intel core 2 duo 1.66ghz . 2,048 mb ddr2 SDRAM (667 mhz) . Intel graphics . Realtech audio
Toshiba 160gb 5,400 rpm hdd (Microsoft Windows Vista business)