debian and speakup

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Sat Jan 26 16:55:48 UTC 2008

http://people.debian.org/~shane/netinst/ download the netinst iso file
then burn it to a CD.  I'm using debian with speakup as I write so yes it
does work.  When you boot that CD, there are some kernels on it.  The one
you want to boot is 26test followed by a space and the name of your
hardware synthesizer ltlk for litetalk in my case then hit return.  There
is a mainmenu on demand program up on the http://www.acbradio.org of a
debian speakup install demonstration.  If you can find what episode that
is and listen to it first you'll probably do okay.