isp

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon Jan 28 09:27:03 UTC 2008

You didn't give your location or your country so it's hard to answer.
Also you didn't say whether you want dial-up, DSL, cable, or other.
I've heard things about shellworld.  I think they are shellworld.net but
I'm not sure.  I use Cox cable here and they're fine for me.  I'm not
sure what you mean about the junk they indulge in.  Either you connect
to a news or pop3 server or you don't, so I don't really see what Lynx
has to do with it.  I assume you mean that you want their web site to be
accessible with Lynx.  In that case, you're probably out of luck.  I
know of no ISP who will email statements.  Almost all of them will be
web-based via a control panel or billing system.  I think Cox is that
way but it isn't my account so I don't know.  Perhaps a better way would
be to just go with whatever ISP you have now that's cheap and get a
separate web hosting account.  Even if you don't have your own site, you
would get a better email server and a probably more accessible web site,
control panel, billing system, etc.  You could try TRK Hosting in that
case but I never used them with Lynx.  http://www.trkhosting.com/  I
think you are expecting too much by wanting a floppy disk mailed to you
every month and I really don't see that happening.  Another idea would
be to pay for a year at a time with an ISP or web host.  That way you
only get a statement per year.  The best for that is fatcow which gives
you a spam filter.  http://www.fatcow.com/  I used both of those hosting
companies at various times and they were fine, depending on your needs.
Since this doesn't entirely relate to Linux, maybe you should write off
list.