speech output

Neil Foster neil.foster2007 at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Jan 28 10:35:51 UTC 2008

Thanks for the info. I ; will check out the names you mention. I do need
speech output from the go. You can obviously get the startup stuff since it
save ti but if you've got somethign like a dodgy fstab, then  your
screwed. You need to fix it and remount the disk. since speakup patches ther
kernel and is built in your goign to know that you need to remount your disk
change the kernel or whatever. Also for recovery/restore software speech
synthesis takes ashitload of space and processing power and if your needing
to do stuff on older pcs is a bit of  a problem.

Ta

Neil Foster