orca review?

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Thu Jul 17 10:26:23 UTC 2008

Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> Ok, here is the direct link to the thing I want to listen to on the
> internet. can any of you please test it with mplayer, so I don't need
> to go into linux?

Hi,

You know that you can run MPlayer under Windows, right?  There are
several packages, some with GUI and some without.  I can find the exact
package names if needed, but you probably want the full installation
package with GUI.  The Windows version of Mplayer still needs the same
codecs as the Linux version, so you will have to install them by hand or
get a full package which includes them.  In other words, it doesn't use
the codecs that come with Windows.  I think they are at:
[ftp://ftp.mplayerhq.hu/ MPlayer ftp site] but I'm not sure.  I remember
downloading them with ftp but I think I used a mirror.